HLTAID006 - Provide Advanced First Aid
Provide Advanced First Aid – HLTAID006
Based in Osborne Park Perth, our Provide Advanced First Aid course is suitable for individuals and workers. This Advanced First Aid course describes the skills and knowledge required to manage an incident and direct first Aiders until medical assistance arrives. In addition to the topics covered in a Provide First Aid course, our Advanced First Aid course covers the following areas-
- Environmental impact including hypothermia, hyperthermia, dehydration and heat stroke
- Eye and ear injuries
- Levels of consciousness
- Needles stick injuries
- Substance misuse
Basic anatomy and physiology relating to:
- How to recognise a person is not breathing normallyChest, skeleton, joints and muscles
- Upper airway and effect of positional change
- Considerations in provision of first aid for specified conditions
- Response/level of consciousness
This First Aid unit is also suitable for those working in medium to high risk organisations.
First Aid Course Duration
This course is offered as a combination of online theory and practical training. The online theory takes approximately 45-60 minutes to complete and the practical training takes 7 hours.
On the day of the course you will be required to bring along a copy of the online certificate as evidence that you have completed the online theory training.
We understand that there are times when you may need to reschedule or cancel a First Aid course booking. If this is the case please get in touch with us via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To reschedule a booking please provide your original booking information and the day you would like to change to.
For any cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to the course an administrative fee of $20.00 will apply. Unfortunately no refunds or changes to course bookings can be made within 48 hours of a course start time.
Important-Unique Student Identifier (USI) Number
From 1st January 2015, it is a government requirement to have a Unique Student Identifier Number (USI) for all nationally accredited courses that you attend.
Click below for assistance and information on how to obtain your USI.
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment:
- HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) (Valid for 1 Year)
- HLTAID002 – Provide Basic Life Support (Valid for 3 Years)
- HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid (Valid for 3 Years)
- HLTAID006- Provide Advanced First Aid (Valid for 3 Years)
It is recommended that a First Aid certificate be renewed every 3 years in line with Industry standards. The CPR component of the course should be refreshed every 12 months, in line with Australian Resuscitation Guidelines.