This course is suitable for anyone, including Pool Life Guards, School Teachers and Physiotherapy and Hydrotherapy Instructors who are required to perform rescues in a range of different situations.
This Aquatic Rescue course aims to build an understanding of how to recognise a person in difficulty in the water, communicate in the event of an emergency and identify and use different types of rescue equipment available within class 1, 2 and 3 aquatic facilities.
The training has a strong practical component focusing on different types of rescues, including wade rescues, non-contact and contact and rescues involving an unconscious casualty and a casualty with suspected spinal injuries.
The delivery mode for this course is face to face learning, which takes approximately 3 hrs. The assessments for this course cover a range of rescue scenarios as well as theory questions.
For further information please click on the Course Delivery Mode and Assessment Information tab.
Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Training is held at State Swim Osborne Park, shop 16 381 Scarborough Beach Rd Osborne Park
Face to Face Training and Assessment:
Training is held at State Swim Osborne Park, Shop 16 381 Scarborough Beach Rd Osborne Park
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
Scenarios and Performance tasks:
- Perform a reach rescue
- Perform a rope throw rescue
- Throw a flotation aid rescue
- Accompanied rescue
- Wade rescue
- Non-contact tow rescue
- Contact tow rescue
- Contact tow an unconscious casualty
Theory assessment – A written exam consisting of short answer and multiple-choice questions. All questions must be completed.
Physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstrations including having competent swimming ability and fitness, throwing a rescue device, handling mock casualties in the water, working as a team and communicating.
From 1st January 2015, it is a government requirement to have a Unique Student Identifier Number (USI) for all nationally recognised courses that you attend.
Click below for assistance and information on how to obtain your USI.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- SISCAQU002 – Perform basic water rescues
This Certificate is issued by our Training Partner, Allens Training RTO #90909
In response to COVID 19 we have implemented the following changes to our courses:
- Implemented online learning component for some of our First Aid and selected healthcare courses, reducing the contact time for classes.
- Class sizes have been reduced to a maximum of 10 people to ensure adequate social distancing is maintained.
- Bag Valves Masks are used in substitution for rescue breaths during CPR training.
- Each student has their own equipment.
- Students are required to wash hands at the start of the course and use disposable gloves throughout.
- Each student wipes down equipment using disposable disinfectant wipes.
- Mankins are cleaned by the staff at the end of each session.
On arrival at the centre:
- Students are requested to use hand gel on entry.
- Sign-in for a course is done using a tablet. No paperwork is required to be completed before or after the course.
- No one is permitted to be in the centre until 10 minutes prior to a course.
To ensure you can successfully complete your practical training we ask the following:
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to the course start time. (Please note that if you arrive late you will not be able to attend the course.)
- Wearing appropriate attire.
- Including enclosed shoes, pants and shirt.
- Verify your USI.
- Achieve 100% completion of the online learning material.
- Provide photo ID upon entry.
- Register on the Covid-19 Contract Registry.
If the student does not meet the above requirements, the student will need to reschedule their training. Please that rebooking fees may apply.
We understand there are times when you may need to make a change to your booking. If this is the case please get in touch with us via email, firstname.lastname@example.org
For all requested booking changes, more than 48hrs (2 business days) prior to a course, no rebooking fee will apply. If the request is less than 48hrs (2 days) prior to a course no changes, including refund requests can be made.
All requested changes to a booking must be made in writing.
In the event of a cancellation request by a customer, a voucher will be issued to the value of the amount paid. This voucher can be used to book any future courses with us.