Using new Virtual Reality (VR) simulation, our course covers a number of different scenarios involving the safe and correct use of Fire Extinguisher, Fire Blanket and Hose Reel. The use of VR allows for a safe training environment that removes the risks typically associated with traditional Fire Fighting Training. It also provides participants with a broad range of scenarios that they may encounter.
This course has been designed for individuals who are required to implement an emergency response as specified in the facility emergency procedures or specified by a person at a higher level in the emergency control organisation (ECO). Individuals who undertake this work will be working within the command, control and coordinate structure of the ECO. It includes undertaking pre-emergency planning, taking appropriate actions in an emergency and assisting with post-emergency activities.
Furthermore, it also involves the skills and knowledge required to confine small emergencies in a facility and it applies to individuals who are required to have first attack firefighting skills. It includes preparing for emergency situations, identifying and assessing an emergency, safely confining emergencies, using initial response equipment and reporting on the facility’s emergency response.
Online with Face to Face Assessment
We have now introduced a new enhanced online course that enables students to complete the theory assessment online. This is followed by attending a practical session where our trainers will assess your skills. Depending on your experience and skills the online work will take around 180 minutes to complete and the face to face assessment will take around 180 minutes to complete.
Please If you have a hearing deficit please contact us and we can arrange for an alternative online theory to be completed.
We understand there are times when you may need to make a change to your booking. If this is the case please get in touch with us via email, email@example.com
For all requested booking changes, more than 48hrs (2 business days) prior to a course, no rebooking fee will apply. If the request is less than 48hrs (2 days) prior to a course no changes, including refund requests can be made.
All requested changes to a booking must be made in writing.
In the event of a cancellation request by a customer, a voucher will be issued to the value of the amount paid. This voucher can be used to book any future courses with us.
From 1st January 2015, it is a government requirement to have a Unique Student Identifier Number (USI) for all nationally recognised courses that you attend.
Click below for assistance and information on how to obtain your USI.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- Course Set – PUAFER005, PUAFER006 & PUAFER008.
- PUAFER005 – Operate as part of an emergency control organisation.
- PUAFER008 – Confine small emergencies in a facility.
- PUAFER006 – Lead an emergency control organisation.
This Certificate is issued by our Training Partner, Allens Training RTO #90909.
In response to COVID-19 we have implemented the following changes to our courses:
- Implemented an online learning component for some of our First Aid and selected healthcare courses, reducing the contact time for classes.
- Class sizes have been reduced to a maximum of 10 people to ensure adequate social distancing is maintained.
- Bag Valves Masks are used in substitution for rescue breaths during CPR training.
- Each student has their own equipment.
- Students are required to wash their hands at the start of the course and use disposable gloves throughout.
- Each student wipes down equipment using disposable disinfectant wipes.
- Manikins are cleaned by the staff at the end of each session.
On arrival at the centre:
- Students are requested to use hand gel on entry.
- Sign-in for a course is done using a tablet. No paperwork is required to be completed before or after the course.
- No one is permitted to be in the centre until 10 minutes prior to a course.
To ensure you can successfully complete your practical training we ask the following:
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to the course start time. (Please note that if you arrive late you will not be able to attend the course).
- Wearing appropriate attire.
- Including enclosed shoes, pants and shirt.
- Verify your USI.
- Achieve 100% completion of the online learning material.
- Provide photo ID upon entry.
- Register on the Covid-19 Contract Registry.
If the student does not meet the above requirements, the student will need to reschedule their training. Please that rebooking fees may apply.