Challenging situations, such as multiple casualty incidents, having to move or extricate casualties, or treating potentially fatal illnesses and injuries are high risk. It is imperative that training occurs to be able to know what to do when confronted with a real-life incident. This course provides practical simulated real-life situations to learn and gain the confidence to coordinate and manage a response and provide advanced first aid in line with legal, community and workplace considerations, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies until emergency services arrive.
This course includes instruction on first aid and CPR, as well as treatments specific to advanced conditions, such as hypothermia or hyperthermia, head, neck and spinal injuries, using tourniquets and haemostatic dressings for life-threatening bleeding, managing a casualty in shock and providing oxygen in a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings. Simulated real-life situations will be used to develop the skills and knowledge for using and maintaining specialised equipment for the provision of first aid, resuscitation, and oxygen therapy.
The delivery mode for this course is a combination of online learning, followed by face to face assessment. The online component takes approximately 6 hours and the face to face assessment 8 hours. Please note that all of the online learning must be completed prior to the face to face practical assessment.
For further information please click on the Course Delivery Mode and Assessment Information tab.
Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Course Delivery Mode:
Online learning followed by face to face assessment.
This self-paced online component takes around 6 hours to complete, depending on your level of experience. It covers the theory components of the course through a series of video and online theory questions. You may choose to complete this during one or a number of sessions. You can also review the online theory after the course if you wish. We recommend that this component be completed using Google Chrome.
Face to Face Training:
This part of the course will take around 8 hours to complete. During this time you will cover the following assessment areas
Simulated First Aid Scenario:
- Simulated First Aid Scenario – Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of bag-valve-masks, oxygen equipment, an AED and placing the casualty into the recovery position )
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Coordinate a multiple casualty incident
- Manage a casualty with life-threatening bleeding and provide supplemental oxygen
- Maintain resuscitation equipment
- Complete two separate incident report forms
A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
From 1st January 2015, it is a government requirement to have a Unique Student Identifier Number (USI) for all nationally accredited courses that you attend.
Click below for assistance and information on how to obtain your USI.
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment:
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID014 – Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID015 – Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
It is recommended that the First Aid Component be renewed every 3 years, in line with industry standards.
It is recommended that the CPR Component be renewed every 12 months, inline with Australian Resuscitation guidelines.
This Certificate is issued by our Training Partner, Allens Training RTO #90909
In response to COVID-19, we have implemented the following changes to our courses:
- Implemented an online learning component for some of our First Aid and selected healthcare courses, reducing the contact time for classes.
- Class sizes have been reduced to a maximum of 10 people to ensure adequate social distancing is maintained.
- Bag Valves Masks are used in substitution for rescue breaths during CPR training.
- Each student has their own equipment.
- Students are required to wash their hands at the start of the course and use disposable gloves throughout.
- Each student wipes down equipment using disposable disinfectant wipes.
- Manikins are cleaned by the staff at the end of each session.
On arrival at the centre:
- Students are requested to use hand gel on entry.
- Sign-in for a course is done using a tablet. No paperwork is required to be completed before or after the course.
- No one is permitted to be in the centre until 10 minutes prior to a course.
To ensure you can successfully complete your practical training we ask the following:
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to the course start time. (Please note that if you arrive late you will not be able to attend the course.)
- Wearing appropriate attire.
- Including enclosed shoes, pants and shirt.
- Verify your USI.
- Achieve 100% completion of the online learning material.
- Provide photo ID upon entry.
- Register on the Covid-19 Contract Registry.
If the student does not meet the above requirements, the student will need to reschedule their training. Please that rebooking fees may apply.
We understand there are times when you may need to make a change to your booking. If this is the case please get in touch with us via email, email@example.com
For all requested booking changes, more than 48hrs (2 business days) prior to a course, no rebooking fee will apply. If the request is less than 48hrs (2 days) prior to a course no changes, including refund requests can be made.
All requested changes to a booking must be made in writing.
In the event of a cancellation request by a customer, a voucher will be issued to the value of the amount paid. This voucher can be used to book any future courses with us.