The CPR and LVR course is essential if you are conducting live work or working with live switchboards. The course covers the performance of rescue procedures from a live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the workplace.
It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
Completing the course will provide an individual with the skills and knowledge to carry out and complete the LV panel rescue procedures and to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on a casualty in a range of situations. It consists of real-life practical skills and knowledge to allow the participant to be assessed as competent in providing CPR in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines as well as rescue procedures from an LV apparatus.
Low voltage rescue comprises responsive operations that involve the saving of life, or prevention of injury during an incident or dangerous situation.
The delivery mode for this course is a combination of online learning, followed by face to face assessment. The online component takes approximately 2 hours and the face to face assessment 1.5 hours. Please note that all of the online learning must be completed prior to the face to face practical assessment.
For further information please click on the Course Delivery Mode and Assessment Information tab.
Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Course Delivery Mode:
Online learning followed by face to face assessment.
This self-paced online component takes around 2 hours to complete, depending on your level of experience. It covers the theory components of the course through a series of video and online theory questions. You may choose to complete this during one or a number of sessions. You can also review the online theory after the course if you wish. We recommend that this component be completed using Google Chrome.
Please be aware that the online component must be completed prior to attending the face to assessment.
Face to Face Assessment
This part of the course will take around 1.5 hours to complete. During this time you will cover the following assessment areas.
Performance tasks and Practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Inspection and placement of rescue equipment and performing a rescue
- Low voltage panel rescue
Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including CPR (Important note: In order to issue an accredited certificate CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions).
Physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including manual handling in the rescue of a mock casualty.
Sufficient English language, literacy, numeracy and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the course.
Personal safety equipment (PPE) must be provided by the student and worn during practical sessions.
Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
From 1st January 2015, it is a government requirement to have a Unique Student Identifier Number (USI) for all nationally recognised courses that you attend.
Click below for assistance and information on how to obtain your USI.
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment:
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- UETDRRF004 – Perform rescue from a live LV panel
It is recommended that this course be renewed every 12 months, in line with industry standards.
This Certificate is issued by our Training Partner, Allens Training RTO #90909
In response to COVID-19, we have implemented the following changes to our courses:
- Implemented an online learning component for some of our First Aid and selected healthcare courses, reducing the contact time for classes.
- Class sizes have been reduced to a maximum of 10 people to ensure adequate social distancing is maintained.
- Bag Valves Masks are used in substitution for rescue breaths during CPR training.
- Each student has their own equipment.
- Students are required to wash their hands at the start of the course and use disposable gloves throughout.
- Each student wipes down equipment using disposable disinfectant wipes.
- Manikins are cleaned by the staff at the end of each session.
On arrival at the centre:
- Students are requested to use hand gel on entry.
- Register on the Safe WA app or complete the register located at reception.
- Sign-in for a course is done using a tablet. No paperwork is required to be completed before or after the course.
- No one is permitted to be in the centre until 10 minutes prior to a course.
To ensure you can successfully complete your practical training we ask the following:
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to the course start time. (Please note that if you arrive late you will not be able to attend the course.)
- Wearing appropriate attire.
- Including enclosed shoes, pants and shirt.
- Verify your USI.
- Achieve 100% completion of the online learning material.
- Provide photo ID upon entry.
- Register on the Covid-19 Contract Registry.
If the student does not meet the above requirements, the student will need to reschedule their training. Please that rebooking fees may apply.
We understand there are times when you may need to make a change to your booking. If this is the case please get in touch with us via email, email@example.com
For all requested booking changes, more than 48hrs (2 business days) prior to a course, no rebooking fee will apply. If the request is less than 48hrs (2 days) prior to a course no changes, including refund requests can be made.
All requested changes to a booking must be made in writing.
In the event of a cancellation request by a customer, a voucher will be issued to the value of the amount paid. This voucher can be used to book any future courses with us.