Our nationally recognised CPR Course provides the knowledge and skills to respond to someone who may be experiencing a cardiac emergency or breathing difficulty.
In this CPR course, you will learn these skills, in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, including using an automated external defibrillator (AED), how to rotate first aiders with minimal interruptions to compressions, and what to do if the casualty regurgitates or vomits.
The delivery mode for this course is a combination of online learning, followed by face to face assessment. The online component takes approximately 1 hour and the face to face assessment 1 hour. Please note that all of the online learning must be completed prior to the face to face practical assessment.
For further information please click on Course delivery mode and assessment Information tab.
Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
The Australian Resuscitation Council recommends that this course be completed every 12 months. This course can also be completed as part of a First Aid course.
Course Delivery Mode: Online learning followed by face to face assessment
This self-paced online component takes around 1 hour to complete, depending on your level of experience. It covers the theory components of the course through a series of video and online theory questions. You may choose to complete this during one or a number of sessions. You can also review the online theory after the course if you wish. We recommend that this component be completed using Google Chrome.
Please be aware that the online component must be completed prior to attending the face to assessment.
Face to Face Assessment
This part of the course will take around 1 hours to complete. During this time you will cover the following assessment areas
- Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult on the floor for a minimum of 3 minutes.
- Perform CPR on an Infant for a minimum of 3 minutes.
- Placing a casualty into the recovery position.
- The use of an AED on an adult.
From 1st January 2015, it is a government requirement to have a Unique Student Identifier Number (USI) for all nationally recognised courses that you attend.
Click below for assistance and information on how to obtain your USI.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This Certificate is issued by our Training Partner, Allens Training RTO #90909.
In line with ARC guidelines, it is recommended that this certificate be renewed every 12 months.
In response to COVID-19, we have implemented the following changes to our courses:
- Implemented an online learning component for some of our First Aid and selected healthcare courses, reducing the contact time for classes.
- Class sizes have been reduced to a maximum of 12 people to ensure adequate social distancing is maintained.
- Bag Valves Masks are used in substitution for rescue breaths during CPR training.
- Each student has their own equipment.
- Students are required to wash their hands at the start of the course and use disposable gloves throughout.
- Each student wipes down equipment using disposable disinfectant wipes.
- Manikins are cleaned by the staff at the end of each session.
On arrival at the centre:
- Students are requested to use hand gel on entry.
- Register on the SafeWA app or complete the register located at reception.make
- Sign-in for a course is done using a tablet.
- If the student does not meet the above requirements,they will be unable to attend there practical training.
- Sign-in for a course is done using a tablet. No paperwork is required to be completed before or after the course.
- No one is permitted to be in the centre until 10 minutes prior to a course.
To ensure you can successfully complete your practical training we ask the following:
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to the course start time.
(Please note that if you arrive late you will not be able to attend the course.)
- Wearing appropriate attire.
- Including enclosed shoes, pants and shirt.
- Verify your USI.
- Achieve 100% completion of the online learning material.
- Provide photo ID upon entry.
- Register on the COVID-19 Contract Registry.
We understand there are times when you may need to make a change to your booking. If this is the case please get in touch with us via email, email@example.com
For all requested booking changes, more than 48hrs (2 business days) prior to a course, no rebooking fee will apply. If the request is less than 48hrs (2 days) prior to a course no changes, including refund requests can be made.
All requested changes to a booking must be made in writing.
In the event of a cancellation request by a customer, a voucher will be issued to the value of the amount paid. This voucher can be used to book any future courses with us.